Wedding hire is exempt from licensing. Unfortunately, this means that anybody can hire out their own car for use for weddings. Many people will simply want to earn money quickly and easily, lacking the correct insurance cover. Some people don’t realise they need a different type of insurance cover, whereas others simply don’t care. This can leave you with a poor condition vehicle that is simply not suitable for a wedding.
When looking for wedding transport, seek out an established wedding transport provider with a range of wedding-ready, suitable vehicles. These companies will have experience and be prepared to solve any problems that may occur on the day.
- Don’t be afraid to ask! Get in touch with the company and simply ask for evidence of previous experience and their insurance. Most professional companies will be more than happy to provide this evidence.
- Browse the company’s website, and ensure that their full address is displayed, along with a landline telephone number. Landline contact numbers are preferred over mobile numbers, as it indicates that the business has a headquarters, whereas mobile numbers can be linked to a temporary phone. If the company is a scam, they can simply purchase a disposable mobile phone and publish that number on their website.
- Website content should be unique to the website. If you notice the exact same content posted on multiple websites, steer well clear!
- Google image search is a good way to see if a company have simple copied and pasted images of wedding vehicles from other websites. Again, steer clear of these websites, as they will have no way of providing you with the car advertised!
- Paying a low deposit may seem like a dream come true, but this is not a good sign. You should expect to pay a reasonable sum of money to reserve a vehicle, ranging from £100 per car to up to 50% of the total bill.
- Any respectable car hire company will provide its customers with the option to view their cars before committing to placing a deposit.
Your wedding is a once in a lifetime, unique event, which you want to be special. You also want everything running to plan, giving you the perfect day that you have dreamed of for years. If you’re looking for reliable wedding transport, we recommend All Stretched Out Weddings.